Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear The Future:

Dear The Future:

I wanna See

Change

In the future

I wanna see great things

In the future

You know...

Actually

I wanna see the future

Like a fortune teller

I wanna find a lost soul and tell her

Or him

That it'll be okay

Everything will be okay

Cuz today we're here

And today

Friends are near

And it may sound cheesy

But it's never easy to say I love u

Or I like you

I adore u

I appreciate you

Or

And especially

I need you

Cuz we all need each other

Relationships

(Smile)

That's all there is

Think about kids

Coming into the world

Tiny and curled

Eyes wandering the room

And I wish I had a zoom lense to show them their path

But I don't. And I won't.

Cuz I can hold my nephews hand as he crosses the street

and I can teach him how to dance to the beat

But one day he'll have to explore this world on his own two feet.

Cuz one day...

Well

I'll be gone one day

We all will

Fact.

But there's a reason people come and go

A reason your hearts makes mine glow

There's a reason why your at this show

A reason for my vocal flow

And these reasons we will never know

So

Go

Be kings and queens and valenteens

Cuz it's time to love each other

To like, adore appreciate

To

Need

Each other

And in the future.

The future that we cannot see

Cuz we are living in the present

The future that we will

One day

See

We should look at as a present

Because one day it will open up

And we are fortunate enough to be given the oportunity to

Be ready

To say...

"Thankyou future, I got you something too!"

Dear the future:

This is all for you

No comments:

Post a Comment