Friday, April 2, 2010

Paxton Day.

Twinkle Twinkle Little *

Soft of course

Like velvet

A raisin for a face

Searching, exploring, embracing

The world of this room

The air

The tiny blanket underneath him

Necessary screams

Curiosity

Fear

Life


He has no idea how beautiful he is


Eyes struggling to open

Glazed over

Strong and dark

They travel the room

He sees her

Blinks with comfort

Then

He sees me

I want him so badly to know who I am

What I am

How much I love him

And have loved him

For years

Before today


These breaths are his first

His heart

Still learning to function on its own

It’s sparatic and goofy

And seemingly

Off pace

But I’m sure he’ll be okay

I can see it in his fingers

In his toes his knees and his

Neck


He’ll be fine


But I keep looking at his heart

How big it is

And then

How small the rest of him is

I wish I had tiny cameras

To catch him at different angles

Breathing, moving

Alive

But I don’t need cameras

This moment will never leave me


He looks like a little...

Creature


He is a little creature

A beautiful, amazing

New


Little creature

No comments:

Post a Comment